Saturday, November 5, 2011

Vienna


Seven nights in Vienna!  We played four concerts in the Musikverein and one in Linz (about 2 hours by train).  The Musikverein is one of the world's great concert halls.  The acoustics are great, especially in the audience.  On stage you feel a little bit naked when playing, but you can hear everyone in the orchestra really well.


The weather was grey and humid, so my reeds felt a little mushy.  Our librarian brought next week's music, so I picked up my parts and looked them over a bit.

I stayed in an apartment near the Naschmarkt (Vienna's huge outdoor market).  



This is a great city for exploring by walking, taking a street car or train. Getting around is very easy.  Christmas markets were starting to appear towards the end of our week.

We are due to return in 2013.  Right now, I'm eager to get home and see my family again.

No comments:

Post a Comment