Thursday, September 20, 2012

Benefit Recital

RECITAL THIS WEEK


I'm playing a recital this Sunday.  Here are the details for any local people interested in coming:

Sunday, September 23, 2012, 3:00pm

The Federated Church
76 Bell Street  Chagrin Falls, OH 44022
(440) 247-6490

Program:

Hindemith SonateSaint-Saëns Sonate
Willson Osborne Rhapsody
Weber Andante and Rondo

my transcriptions of three works by Manuel de Falla

The recital is free with a free-will donation to the Boomer Esiason Foundation. I've written about my run for charity in a previous post.  The recital will help raise money for the Foundation's efforts to fight Cystic Fibrosis.  My niece, Allie has the disease.



 A MULTI-PURPOSE RECITAL

The recital will serve several purposes. 


  1. I thought it would be a great way to combine music with my fundraising for Team Boomer just six weeks away from the New York City Marathon. 
  2. I realized it had been quite a while since I'd played a recital of "standard" repertoire.  My recent students had heard me play mainly new or off-beat repertoire. So I asked them to choose the rep for this recital with the proviso that they not choose anything that was ridiculously difficult!
  3. CIM is not an appropriate place for a benefit concert of this type, so why not give it at my church where I have so many supporters!
 I hope some of you can attend!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment