Thursday, September 27, 2012

Cleveland Double Reed Activity



STEES RECITAL

 

My recital last week went pretty well.  A good number of people showed up -- some bassoonists, of course, and a large group of people from my church.

Randy and I are captured in action above.

I raised over $600 for Team Boomer!  Thanks to all who have donated.  I've almost reached my fundraising goal and the marathon is still 6 weeks away.






FRANK ROSENWEIN PLAYS STRAUSS

This Thursday, Friday and Saturday, Frank Rosenwein, our Principal Oboist will play the Strauss Oboe Concerto with the Cleveland Orchestra.  This is one of the great wind concertos.  I am playing the 1st bassoon part, so I'll have a good seat for hearing Frank's beautiful oboe playing.



 

JOHN CLOUSER PLAYS MOZART  

The double reed fun continues next week when John Clouser will play the Mozart Bassoon Concerto.   John played the piece with the Orchestra several years ago at the Blossom Music Center.  This time it will be in Severance Hall on October 4th and 6th. The rest of the program is very colorful -- Daphnis and Chloe Suite #2 and Incidental Music from A Midsummer Night's Dream by Mendelssohn.

I hope some of you can attend these events! 

No comments:

Post a Comment