Sunday, February 6, 2011

Getting to NYC

Unexpected things can happen on tours and this one is no exception.

We flew from Miami right into the center of a nasty winter storm, arriving in Ann Arbor on Tuesday.  We played our concert in Hill Auditorium to a surprisingly large audience, given the severity of the weather.

During the concert, we learned that our concert the next evening in Chicago was canceled.  I was disappointed because of the many relatives I had who planned to attend, but it was definitely the right decision, under the circumstances.

This gave us a free day in Ann Arbor.  I spent it thusly; in the morning I went to a local coffee roaster, Mighty Good Coffee, and tried the espresso -- really great!

Lunch was Zingerman's deli-- one of the best around!  I went for an afternoon run in the snow and wind with Zach Lewis. There was some practicing in there somewhere.

Yesterday we got into New York.  I went for a quick run in Central Park and practiced for an hour.

I had a great dinner with Judy LeClair and Kim Laskowski of the New York Philharmonic bassoon section, along with Jonathan Sherwin and Rich King.

No comments:

Post a Comment