Friday, July 27, 2012

Running for Charity

I haven't blogged about running for quite a while.  I continue to run and keep in shape.  This summer I'm working on building my aerobic base and getting ready for some races this fall.

The main goal this fall will be the New York City Marathon!


I'm running as part of Team Boomer.  Team Boomer is run by former Cincinnati Bengals quarterback, Boomer Esiason.  He is very involved with the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation through the Boomer Esiason Foundation.

That's a charity that's near and dear to my heart as my 10-year old neice, Allie Plymale has CF.  She's my hero and I'll be running in her honor.


A requirement for participation in the race through Team Boomer is raising a certain amount of money.  I started at the end of June and it has gone pretty well.  

All of the money I raise will go to fight Cystic Fibrosis.  I'll be paying my own expenses to get to the Marathon.

Some of you reading this have already donated.

If anyone else would like to, I would greatly appreciate it! 

You may donate by going to my fundraising page or by sending me a check if you prefer not to donate online.

Team Boomer is highly rated by Charity Navigator and donating is easy and very secure. 

This will be the only time I'll use this blog to ask for donations.  Thanks very much for your support in ANY AMOUNT.

Here I am finishing the 2009 Boston Marathon!

3 comments:

  1. Barry. It is always so good to see a fellow runner running for a good cause. Please look at what a few groups in Utah are doing to share the joy that we all feel when running.

    http://allthingsutah2012.blogspot.com/2012/09/runners-with-heart.html

    Thanks.
    Devin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've really enjoyed reading this article, thanks for sharing! I've recently discovered Listen Ltd Fundraising, such a great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can find great benefits to participating in a
    New York Marathon for Charity
    . Not only you are supporting the charity by running, but many people are eager to share your charity's name with their friends

    ReplyDelete