Monday, December 17, 2012

Kent/Blossom Music

My New Summer Job

In the past I've had the opportunity to teach and perform at some of the best music festivals in the country. I have fond memories of my time on the faculty of the Interlochen Arts Camp and the Brevard Music Center.

Now a new chapter in summer teaching opens for me as I join the Kent/Blossom music faculty this summer.  This will not require moving my family to a remote, woodsy location as before, however.  We can stay at home while I make the half hour car ride from my house to the Kent State campus to teach a few times a week during the five-week summer session.



I will succeed John Clouser as the bassoon teacher at Kent/Blossom.  Students who are interested in working with me in the summer now have an opportunity to do so in a more formal setting. Included in participation are:
  • private lessons
  • bassoon studio classes
  • chamber music and coachings with Cleveland Orchestra members
  • side-by-side orchestra performance with TCO
  • free attendance at all TCO Blossom Music Center concerts and Kent/Blossom faculty chamber concerts
Anyone interested in applying may do so by going to the Kent/Blossom Music admissions page.





No comments:

Post a Comment