Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Day in the Life 1

This is the first posting in response to a request for a run-down of what I do from hour to hour during the day. I'll try to keep this interesting.  Don't worry, you won't be getting tweets from me when I have a hangnail!!

It's tough to outline an average day for me, because there's really no such thing. Those craving routine would be well-advised to avoid the life of a performer!

What I'll do instead is give you a blow-by-blow account of a day in which I have a lot of time to myself and a day when most of my time is taken up by responsibilities.  I believe handling both scenarios well can be difficult.

Today I was free until 7:30pm when I had an orchestra rehearsal.

It was a good day to stay home because my daughter was home sick.

7:00am wake up
Breakfast, newspaper, email

9:00 process steesbassoon orders from Austria, New York, Indiana and Nevada

10:00 - 12:15 practice - warmed up with my version of Herzberg scales in b melodic minor. Learned Bertoni study #2, worked on the Dvorak and understudied the Mahler 4th for this week's concerts, practiced repertoire for my IDRS program.

12:15 lunch

1:00 packaged orders to send out

1:15 trips to post office and drug store

2:00-4:00 process cane

4:00-5:30 Relaxed, read a biography of jazz pianist, Thelonious Monk, showered, packed bassoon, etc. for rehearsal.

5:30 dinner

6:45 arrived at hall early to try bocals on stage

7:30 rehearsal

9:00 home to write this blog!

1 comment: