Friday, February 5, 2016

A visit to Arizona

I just got back from a visit to Arizona! I was invited there by Albie Micklich, the bassoon professor at Arizona State University.

As Albie's guest, I gave two master classes, a reed class and a recital during the three days I was in Tempe.



I stayed with my friends, Chip and Marti King. Chip was formerly a bassoonist with the Grand Rapids Symphony Orchestra. I played with Chip during the time when I lived in Michigan and subbed in the GRSO. It was also during that time that Albie completed his DMA with me at Michigan State.

It was great to catch up with Chip and Marti!

On Wednesday, Chip and I went on a hike on one of the many trails in the Phoenix area. Aside from a minor altercation with a Teddy Bear Cactus, I had a great time!


No comments:

Post a Comment