Wednesday, January 5, 2011

What It Is and What It Isn't

WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

When I was young I aspired to play in a major symphony orchestra. However, for much of my youth this life seemed shrouded in mystery.

What did those people do when they weren't on stage? Did they still practice as much as I did? Did they struggle with reeds?  Was learning new music hard?

Now I play in the Cleveland Orchestra and teach at the Cleveland Institute of Music.  

I'd like to use this blog to help pull back the curtain a bit and show those coming up in our profession what my daily life is like.

In this blog, I will:
  • Share tips on practicing and performing
  • Discuss repertoire TCO is playing
  • Show how I prepare for big events like recitals, concertos, etc.
  • Give opinions on bassoon sound, interpretation, technique, reed making, recordings, etc.
In this blog, I will not:
  • Share personal information
  • Blog about trivial topics or anything I don't think would be of interest to bassoonists and other musicians
See the list of tags for specific topics that might interest you.

Thanks for visiting and reading!








1 comment:

  1. Mr. Stees -

    Would you willing to do an entry on, "A Day in the Life" or something along those lines? Obviously, you have to be quite organized to keep up with your busy schedule, so I am curious to know what you do on a given day to fit everything in 24 hours.

    Thanks,
    Julie Link

    ReplyDelete